Crypto Briefs is your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- The Chinese communist party has published a new book about digital currencies designed to educate party members on the finer details of blockchain-powered finance. The book, per media outlet Chainnews, has been issued by the Central Party School of the Communist Party of China, the higher education body that trains officials for the nation’s Communist Party. The new book, part of a series about industry 4.0 technology is titled “Talking to Top Cadres about Digital Currencies,” features a section about Bitcoin (BTC) and follows on from a previous digital currency-related title. The country is reportedly testing its forthcoming digital yuan at a number of locations across the country, with some experts now claiming the token will be compatible with third-party payment apps.
- THETA.tv, the esports video platform powered by Theta (THETA) blockchain, might be featured as one of the content providers available in the Samsung Daily platform, pre-installed in every flagship Galaxy S20 phone shipped in the US. According to the announcement, it will also be upgraded to all existing Galaxy S10, S9, and Note 10, Note 9 devices, reaching a total global installed base of more than 75 million devices.
- Tokensoft, a technology platform for enterprises, asset managers and financial institutions, has tokenized its equity after using the blockchain to distribute the investments to investors that participated in its USD 4 million Series Seed round. The press release says that Tokensoft investors received a digital representation of their SAFE-governed investment on the blockchain in their investment accounts. This digital representation has been developed using the ERC-1404 standard and uses the Ethereum blockchain for compliance and accounting automation. The investment round started in July 2018 and was co-led by Base10 and e.ventures with participation from Coinbase Ventures.
- Chinese police have busted a group of “fake Huobi” over-the-counter (OTC) website operators, reports Jinse. The media outlet says that police in the Guangdong Province have arrested 12 suspects they believe infiltrated WeChat crypto groups, posing as Huobi exchange officials in November last year, tricking scores of victims into investing in their bogus platform.
- Uniswap V2, the second iteration of Uniswap, a protocol for automated token exchange on Ethereum (ETH), has been deployed to the Ethereum mainnet, containing a number of improvements, such as ERC20 / ERC20 pairs, price oracles, and flash swaps. The announcement says that developers can begin building on Uniswap V2 immediately, while the team also released a liquidity migration portal to simplify and hasten the process of withdrawing liquidity from Uniswap V1 and depositing it into Uniswap V2.