- Basic Attention Token (BAT) is experiencing double-digit gains in the crypto markets.
- In the past week, BAT whales have been accumulating the token in a big way.
- They have accumulated approximately 6% of total supply in 5 days.
- One address has increased its holdings from 53.63M to 126.92M BAT tokens in the past week.
A quick glance at Coinmarketcap reveals that Basic Attention Token is one of the top three digital assets experiencing double-digit gains in the last 24 hours. At the time of writing this, four digital assets are leading the charge in gains this weekend. They include Celsius (CEL), Aave (LEND), Basic Attention Token (BAT) and Horizen (ZEN).
Basic Attention Token (BAT) Whales Accumulate 6% of Supply in 5 days
With respect to Basic Attention Token, the team at Santiment has revealed that BAT whales have been accumulating the token in the past week. In their first analysis shared on Twitter, they revealed that the top BAT addresses have added 5.94% of the total supply to their wallets in the past 5 days.
$BAT‘s and $REP‘s top 10 whales have been accumulating in a big way over the past week. $BAT‘s top addresses have added 5.94% of the total supply to their wallets in the past 5 days, while $REP‘s top 10 have added 4.51% of the supply over the past 2 weeks. https://t.co/0wxnYDBSzS pic.twitter.com/dHn7dmr4PK
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) June 26, 2020
Furthermore, the largest non-exchange address holding BAT has accumulated the token in the last week and increased its holdings from $53.63 million BAT tokens to 126.92 million. To note is the accumulation by this address in the past week has been the largest in a three year period. The team at Santiment shared this analysis via a second tweet below.
$BAT‘s largest non-exchange address has just had its largest accumulation week in ~three years (since the week of July 12, 2017). In the most recent week (June 19 – June 26, 2020, this address went from holding 53.63M to 126.92M $BAT tokens (+136.7%). https://t.co/gkYYCPAT2k pic.twitter.com/Nfw1EabWee
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) June 27, 2020
What Next for Basic Attention Token in the Crypto Markets?
Taking a quick glance at the BAT/USDT daily chart courtesy of Tradingview, the following can be observed.
- Basic Attention Token‘s current price at $0.2868 is in bullish territory above the 50-day, 100-day and 200-day moving averages.
- BAT has just cleared the $0.28 resistance zones and if its momentum can be maintained, $0.32 is the next area of concern for the token.
- MACD clearly points to a bullish environment with trade volume clearly in the green.
- However, the daily MFI is clearly in overbought territory at a value of 85.
In conclusion, the past week has seen several whales accumulate Basic Attention Token (BAT) in a big way. As a result, the value of the token has increased drastically starting on the 20th of June when it was valued at $0.21 to its current value of $0.2868. A brief…