An average user spends over 2hrs 30minutes every day on social media. The duration keeps increasing as people become more tech-savvy and gain access to the internet.
Most of the time on the internet is spent on entertainment and engaging other users. Social media has also become a vital information point. The only concern is that all this is for free. Everyone is giving out their time without anything worthwhile in return. Not that money is the only worthy stuff, yet it’s essential.
That is where Steemit comes in.
The blockchain social media site rewards you for the time you spend using it. It allows you to interact like any other social media site, with an added token on top.
There is a lot to know about the platform before you get started. This guide has all of it. By the end, you should understand what Steemit is. You should be in a position to get started, make friends, and make money.
What is STEEMIT?
Steemit is a blogging and social media platform. It allows you to create a profile then post content like photos, videos, and thoughts. You also get to upvote (like), down vote (dislike), or resteem a post. It works like Reddit.
All your actions on the platform count. The platform monitors them then rewards you on the given measures. Still, don’t think you are going to make quick bucks from the forum. You need to post high-quality content that gains audience traction consistently. The different users also have varying vote weights depending on their following.
Like any other social media site, Steemit does not limit your contribution. Whether you are into photography, article writing, video, the platform is for you.
Steemit runs on decentralized blockchain technology. It has no central authority hence free from censorship.
Steemit pays for all upvotes. It has thus created a vibrant community of users who support each other. It is also making the platform’s tokens (Steem Blockchain Dollars) more usable in the process.
The process is all seamless, and you don’t lose anything. All your actions like upvoting tokens are provided for by the platform.
How do you get started on STEEMIT?
Now that you know what Steemit is and the advantages, you are good to start. Here is the step by step guide to getting started:
- Create an account by providing the necessary information about you. It’s more like on any other social media site. You create the username and passwords.
- The next step is to read the welcome guide. Most people tend to move over the guide without paying any attention.
- Take time to understand the content of the guidelines. It’s at this point where you learn all the basics.
- You also have to go through the security and permission codes. They have everything you will use to access your wallet.
- It would help if you also took the time to understand how the platform operates. Get to know how to create posts, tags, and other general information. You will be better off starting when you have this…
Read more:Beginners’ guide to Steemit