Ethereum Classic was launched in 2015 after a direct fork from the original Ethereum blockchain. This digital currency has held its own for over six years in terms of value and market capitalization – which is why so many people in the UK are interested in adding ETC tokens to their crypto portfolio.
In this guide, we explain how to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK quickly, safely, and in a low-cost manner.
#1 Broker to Buy Ethereum Classic – eToro
How To Buy Ethereum Classic UK – Choose a Broker
Below you will find an overview of the best brokers that allow you to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK. We review each broker further down in this guide.
- eToro – Overall Best Broker to Buy Ethereum Classic UK
- Coinbase – Best Broker to Buy Ethereum Classic for Beginners
- OKEx – Best Low-Cost Broker to Buy Ethereum Classic UK via a Crypto Deposit
- Binance – Best Broker to Buy Ethereum Classic for Asset Diversity
How to Buy Ethereum Classic in the UK – A Quick Guide For 2021
Looking to get straight to it by investing in Ethereum Classic right now? If so, below we walk you through the process of how to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK in less than 5 minutes.
- Step 1: Open an Account with eToro – eToro allows you to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK on a spread-only basis with a debit/credit card. Additionally, the broker is regulated by the FCA – so eToro is the best platform to use when buying crypto. To get the ball rolling, visit the eToro website and open an account.
- Step 2: Upload Your ID – eToro complies with KYC (Know Your Customer) laws – so the broker will be required to verify your identity. You can do this instantly by uploading a copy of your passport/driver’s license and proof of address.
- Step 3: Deposit Funds – In order to buy Ethereum Classic at eToro, you will first need to make a deposit. You can do this instantly with a debit/credit card or e-wallet.
- Step 4: Buy Ethereum Classic – You can now enter ‘Ethereum Classic’ into the search bar at the top of the page. Upon clicking the ‘Trade’ button, enter your stake and click ‘Open Trade’.
The Ethereum Classic tokens purchased will now show in your eToro portfolio. You can view your portfolio 24 hours per day to keep an eye on how your ETC investment is performing. If you wish to cash out, just hit the ‘Sell’ button!
Cryptoassets are highly volatile unregulated investment products. No EU investor protection. 67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
Where to Buy Ethereum Classic in the UK
When learning how to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK – the most important part of the process is choosing the right cryptocurrency broker. Factors you need to focus on include the broker’s regulatory standing and reputation, fees, and commissions charged, and supported payment methods.
Make no mistake about it – there are hundreds of online platforms allowing you to buy Ethereum Classic in the UK. But, to save you…